Okay, so my experiment is a bit off the rails.
The audio I have is unpublishable – which is okay, I can still use it as a guide for writing about the conference, but not ideal.
The video I took is... who knows... I'm a bit in a corner on it as I'm having a technical issue – not an insurmountable one, but a very real one. How dare firewire become obsolete? It could be weeks before I capture the video as I have committed to loaning the camera out. Doh! And on top of that, I only got bits and pieces. I do have a very specific intent for it, but it's hardly a good archive in and of itself.
As to still shots? Well I was so focussed on the other two that I didn't get many good stills. The distance to the stage was just enough that all my zoomed in shots are ALMOST in focus. I avoided using a flash as I knew it would just bounce off the row in front of me (and be distracting) and over expose the portion of the picture I wasn't interested in keeping. That too was a bust.
Oh well. Like I said... it was all an experiment. And I have definitely learned some useful things for 'next' time.
So I go back to the beginning...
I'm going to forgo further detail on the reception, Canadian Contingent Meet-Up and the "Beast..." screening as I've already kind of covered that.
So, up next – probably starting tomorrow – I'm going to aim for a detailed report on one presentation or event each day until I'm done. And maybe by then I'll be ready to do the video work I wanted to do.