This blog is a focussed experiment. I wanted to test my ability to publish and produce a taut multi-media blog on something. I attended TAM7 in July. It struck me as the perfect 4-day crash course. The "course" didn't go as well as I hoped, but I learned a lot. I'm continuting to update as I have the opportunity to - eventually I'll have covered the entirety of my experience at the conference.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gate 83

Checking in... no line up.

Immigration... no line up at any of the three stages.

Security... no line up.

Tim Horton's coffee... 20 minute line up.

I've twittered my arrival time for McCarran and hoping someone identifies my t-shirt at the Airport and we can share a cab. I found out too late that reservations for the shuttle need to be made 24 hours in advance – DOH! Called to reserve and they didn't quite laugh at me. Paul and I will have to co-ordinate and reserve our out-bound shuttle ASAP.

Tweets from the Science Based Medicine conference are pouring in.

A highlight quoting Steve Novella: Homeopathy's prior plausibility is as close to zero as anything in science. If it's true, chemistry/physics are wrong.

Should be boarding in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment