This blog is a focussed experiment. I wanted to test my ability to publish and produce a taut multi-media blog on something. I attended TAM7 in July. It struck me as the perfect 4-day crash course. The "course" didn't go as well as I hoped, but I learned a lot. I'm continuting to update as I have the opportunity to - eventually I'll have covered the entirety of my experience at the conference.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

After a few bumps...

That was an un-necessary nightmare.

So after more than a half day of struggling with trying to bend Wordpress to my will, I am back here on blogger. I could probably spend a lot of time detailing the absurdity of how ineffective Wordpress was for my uses, and much of it could probably be summed up with the notion 'stick with what you know.' Given those options I'll take the latter.

So here I am on Blogger and generally happy with the initial look and set-up of things. I've posted a series of test-posts for each media I want to be able to use, and once happy with their format, layout and process I deleted the tests too - they were dreadfully un-interesting... which perhaps is a self-triggered cue I should heed right now.

Suffice to say, I'm set-up (there will no doubt be tweaking to come, but ultimately function is more important than beauty at the moment) and ready to go. From here on out, it's all 'real' content.

No comments:

Post a Comment