This blog is a focussed experiment. I wanted to test my ability to publish and produce a taut multi-media blog on something. I attended TAM7 in July. It struck me as the perfect 4-day crash course. The "course" didn't go as well as I hoped, but I learned a lot. I'm continuting to update as I have the opportunity to - eventually I'll have covered the entirety of my experience at the conference.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Interlude

Holy smoke this is taking forever!
One month ago tomorrow marks the one month "annniversary" (Why do people use that word? It's latin root is (off the top of my head) 'annum' which means 'year'.) of the opening of TAM7.

I'm still not finished the first full day! I still have a substantial portion of Friday, all of Saturday and then Sunday to report on. Sigh.

I have been very distracted by a combination of:
  1. Finishing my film - which I've mentioned here previously.
  2. Finishing one screen play with my writing partner.
  3. Starting a new screenplay.
  4. Thinking and beginning the earliest writings on the Asshole Skeptic blog.
  5. My personal blog.
  6. Did I mention my awesome girlfriend Jodie and the other things that represent 'having a life' in my world?
  7. The fact that the audio on many of the tracks from TAM is very difficult to listen to.

No doubt I am missing something. Anyhow...

The film is getting closer - though as the technical winds down the legal ramps up.

Roger and I have technically finished 'Siege at Oasis del Sol' - though that means we now need to sell it.

'Guerre des Mondes' (No not all my screenplays have Spanish titles... though an unusually large number do for an Irish Canadian writer.) is ramping up... that isn't helping.

The Asshole Skeptic blog will go at it's own pace. Nothing wrong with my thinking getting way ahead of my writing. It simply means my writing will be more intellectually developed when I do get to it.

Personal blog... whatever. It gets attended to when I have time and material.

Jodie is awesome... did I mention that? It's weird. She is very independent and that means she's really great about giving me time when I need it. Ironically, that makes me want to spend more time with her. Argh!

Bad audio.... yeah well... push through.

Okay, I swear I'm not making another excuse in this blog no matter how long it takes. I promise I'll finish well before TAM8.

No comments:

Post a Comment